Sunday, December 5, 2010

Frankenstein 20

Last but not least, Victor dies.

"Alas, Do you dream?" said the daemon. I do not understand what the monster meant by this. The fact that he was so torn apart by his murdering of Victor makes me sad... Why did he have to kill his creator? I wonder if we a humans would kill God if we were able to. But in the end what would we gain? The monster knows he will eventually die, and I wonder if the book could only end this way. It's like when Ms.Sobrero said Hamlet could only end the way it did, I wonder why this book could only end the way it did. Maybe I saw too much religious aspects to it, but it made it easier for me to understand. Maybe it has nothing to do with god, and just human nature itself. We are all monsters.

So what did I gain from this book. It was AWESOME. I actually think I liked it better than dracula.............. I think it's that I could relate to this book, and it wasn't as hard as I thought it was to read. So what is the monster, evil ? or a victim of life's evils? I think he's just human.

No comments:

Post a Comment