Now later on it goes onto talking about the proles again. I'm still not 100% sure where these proles actually come from, but I'm starting to get the picture that they are just a bunch of outcast people. Yet I still wonder why they have a bit more freedom then the people in the party. Now Winston has found himself back into prole territory where I find it funny how the proles are obsessed with the lottery. At this point Winston is desperate to get some answers and he speaks to an old man in a bar trying to find out one question:
"Was life better before the Revolution than it is now?" pg 93
Now the old man didn't really help at all so Winston just left and ended up going back to the junk shop where he bought his journal. Now what I found curious is that when inside the junk shop there was an old man who had great knowledge of the past. I don't quite know why Winston didn't ask the question "was life better before the revolution than it is now" since the man had been alive before the revolution. But perhaps he didn't for his safety.
Then later he buys a piece of coral and sees a picture he recognizes -- adding on to this it seems that Winston has bits and pieces of his memory from the past but most of it he can't remember -- and then leaves. But on his way out he sees.... DUN DUN DUN... the girl with the dark hair!! Now it is a fact she is following him and Winston thinks he will for sure die now as he has been "caught by the thoughtpolice" or so he thinks. So hopefully now they will answer my previous question, who is this girl with the dark hair?
No comments:
Post a Comment